Understanding Supply Management Logistics And Materials Management
One of the more under scoped areas of supply management is logistics and materials management. Several variables must be factored such as transportation modality, inventory positioning, warehouse locations and warehouse types. This certificate program will focus on planning, implementing, and controlling the inbound and outbound flow of goods, and the storage, internal movement, and retrieval of goods in an economical, effective, safe, visible, and timely manner between the point of origin and the point of destination. By understanding these concepts, supply management professionals can provide the optimal supply chain solution to improve and organization’s bottom line.
Earning a certificate is not the same as becoming a certified supply management professional. To learn more about the differences between certificates and certification, visit our certificates page.
The program will have you complete 5 online courses followed by a 25 question quiz to attain a certificate.
This includes the following 5 courses:
- Logistics and Warehouse Management Systems
- Inventory Management Segmentation Strategies
- Inventory Analysis Segmentation and Variability
- Inventory Analysis Planning and Forecasting
- Global Logistics and Transportation
Completing these courses will help you:
- Review best practices and methodologies in logistics and warehouse management systems
- Discover advantages to segmenting strategies for inventory management
- Comprehend the variability in inventory strategies
- Establish strategies for inventory planning, forecasting and optimization
- Understand transportation modalities and factors to consider in selection
Proper logistics and materials management is an essential piece to the supply chain network. This certificate program will help professionals master logistics and materials management concepts and walk away with skills that can help their organization exceed goals.