Are you ready to maximize your supplier performance and supply management negotiation skills? This supply management course will provide you with new knowledge on how to develop effective performance-based statements of work (SOW) to improve your performance with suppliers. Get strategic and practical insight into SOW that aren’t just theoretical but will result in more successful contracts. During the two-day intensive supply management training, you’ll explore specific tools and techniques and examine common mistakes – and, most importantly, learn how to avoid them. You will gain hands-on experience using actual case studies and Q&A sessions. If your organization seeks to maximize supplier performance and it is one of your functional responsibilities, you won’t want to miss this practical and applicable course.
Date: November 3 to November 4, 2021
Format: Virtual Class
CEH Credits: 14.0
Product Code: VC-4565-21
Brandon Hummons, CPSM, CPSD
Brandon Hummons started his procurement career while still in college as a Procurement Claims Analyst at Allstate Insurance in 2012. After leaving Allstate in 2015, he moved on to become a Sr. Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at QBE Americas, focusing on Data and Professional Services initiatives. Since 2018, Brandon functions as an IT Procurement Consultant at Corcentric. He was named the most recent Megawatt winner of ISM’s 30 under 30 list.
What You Will Learn:
- When to use performance-based statements of work (SOW)
- How to evolve your current SOW into performance-based tools to generate results
- How to write clear and concise performance-based specifications
- How to develop effective contract-performance measurements
- Ways to control project scope changes through effective performance-based SOW
- How to avoid typical failures associated with poorly written SOW
- How to apply what you’ve learned into practice for on-the-job success
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 9:00 am ET - 12:30 pm CT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 1:30 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT (3.5 hours)
Day 2 -9:00 am CT - 12:30 pm CT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 2 - 1:30 pm ET - 5:00 pm (3.5 hours)
Course Overview & Goals:
- Building the foundation: defining the SOW and identifying its purpose; different types of SOWs, including public and commercial models
- Uses of SOWs: Deliverables, managing costs, controlling change
- Why use performance-based specifications?
- Developing performance measurements
- Steps and guidelines for writing a performance-based SOW
- Critical lessons for SOW development: Required improvements and controls
- Successful SOWs: Effective models, comparisons and key success factors
- SOWs links to project management
- Managing deliverables: Documenting requirements, contract essentials, managing risk, ensuring performance results
Who Should Attend:
This course is ideal for any supply management professional from all industry sectors and the public sector who are committed to enhancing supplier performance through more effective statements of work.