9700 International Drive Orlando
This three-day seminar can significantly increase your negotiating advantage so you can aggressively identify and capitalize on opportunities. Designed for the professional who wants to learn advanced, value-focused negotiating skills and optimize value at the negotiating table while driving results.
Wade C Ferguson, PhD, CPSM, C.P.M.
Who should attend?
Supply management practitioners at all levels who have mastered negotiating basics, as well as individuals from operating or technical functions who work with suppliers.
Also, any individual who would benefit from advanced value-focused negotiating skills and those who want to move beyond negotiation basics to the understanding and application of advanced techniques.
You will learn:
- How to achieve "quantum-leap," value-adding results
- How to identify and prioritize key issues
- How to develop strategic negotiation objectives
- How to develop and implement a negotiation strategy
- Advanced negotiation tools and techniques .
You will earn 21 CE hours
- Understanding the process of negotiation: Understanding the negotiation process; When negotiation is appropriate; Key influences on whether to competitively bid or negotiate
- Current state analysis: Defining the interests of the parties; Understanding the importance of relative buyer/supplier position strength; and How to determine a useful negotiation range
- Market and industry analysis: Information sources; Comparing supplier financials to identify areas for negotiation; Evaluating potential suppliers; Reducing the supplier portfolio to the vital few
- Preparation strategies: Developing buyer needs and expectations with a focus on organizational competitive imperatives; When to use a negotiations team; A useful pre-negotiation checklist
- Implementing negotiation strategy: Understanding supplier expectations; Incorporating motivational theory; Negotiation tactics and techniques; Common rules; A follow-up checklist; Defining a "walk-away" point
- Situation-specific negotiation strategies: Legal issues; Negotiating for economies-of-scale; Price and cost analysis; Understanding supplier costs; Cost modeling; Using cost behavior in negotiations; Identifying hidden supplier profits; Negotiating for supplier contribution to buyer organization strategic objectives
- A model for mutually beneficial negotiation.
© Copyright ISM 2018