Pre-Dinner Networking Meeting
5:00pm to 6:00pm
A hour for social networking. This is an opportunity stay in touch with old contacts and make new contacts. A cash bar is available.
Coaching and Mentoring
How to Better Coach Your Employees to Higher Performance.
About this Event
You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of meeting goals.
This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do?
The Coaching and Mentoring focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance.
Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
1 Continuing Education Hours (CEH) will be awarded for attending this Pre-Dinner Meeting.
About Matthew A. Bradshaw, CPSM, CPSD, C.P.M.
CEO - Bradshaw Consulting Group, Inc.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management & Supplier Diversity
- Served as the Professional Development Chair for ISM-Houston, Inc from 2016 to 2019
- Became a Certified Purchasing Manager in 1991, received his Lifetime Certification in 1997
- Served in the United States Marine Corps from 1967-1971 and is a Vietnam Veteran
- Received the ISM Volunteer of the Year for a Medium Affiliate for NAPM – Eastern New York, Inc
- Has been a Senior Buyer for Cameron Drilling Systems
- Received BS degree from the University of South Alabama
Matt is currently is currently a Local Director for ISM-Houston, Inc. He has served in this role since 2019.
Matt assists and mentors students, emerging professional, and professionals discover, develop and pursue their career goals to achieve success in their careers. Matt coordinates pre-dinner speakers. He facilitates pre-dinner meetings, workshops, and CPSM/CPSD Certification workshop review training.
He has led Seminars and Conferences Wichita, KS, Albany, NY, New Jersey and Houston, TX. He has been the Professional Development Chair in these cities and has served as a committee member and on several NAPM and ISM cities as a board member. While he was in New York he served as the Vice President of NAPM-Eastern New York.
In 2002 – 2003 he received the ISM Volunteer of the Year for a Medium Affiliate for NAPM – Eastern New York, Inc. Institute
for Supply Management New York/New Jersey Forum.
Has been a Senior Buyer for Cameron Drilling Systems -Oil & Gas Industry, BAE Systems Global Tactical Systems - Military Vehicles, and Teledyne Continental Motors - Aircraft Engines, Clark Material Handling Worldwide Distribution of Parts, Garden Way, Inc, - Troy Bilt Rotor Tillers and other Lawn and Garden Equipment, Superior Supply Company – Wholesale Distribution of HVAC Parts and Equipment. He also worked at Cessna Aircraft Company.
Matt graduated from the University of South Alabama in May of 2002, with a Bachelor of Science Degree from the College: School of Continuing Education & Special Programs. His Major was Adult Interdisciplinary Studies and Minored in Administrative Sciences and Communication.
He received Honorable Mention for his Senior Project: Understanding Types and Temperaments to Enhance the Negotiation Process.
He became a Certified Purchasing Manager in 1991 and received his Lifetime Certification in 1997. Matt recently achieved his CPSM in January, 2019 and his CPSD in March, 2019.
Matt also served in the United States Marine Corps from 1967-1971 and is a Vietnam Veteran.