9700 International Drive Orlando
Advanced Contracting Seminar
Speaker: Martin J Carrara, C.P.M.
Take your contracting skills up a notch with this advanced contracting seminar.
It will build upon your solid contract knowledge and take it a step further by focusing on how to construct effective customized agreements.
The seminar reviews numerous contracts clauses and their uses in various situations, including services, software, construction and e-commerce. It also addresses contracts from a global perspective.
This meeting will run from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM daily.
Who Should Attend?
Experienced purchasing and supply management professionals who want to improve how they analyze and draft various types of contracts.
Participants should have fundamental knowledge of business contracts, purchasing law and the UCC prior to attending this seminar.
Suggested prerequisite: Ts and Cs: Contracting Essentials
You will learn:
- How to draft situation-specific contracts
- How to analyze various types of contracts, including capital equipment, services, design work and construction
- How to protect your organization from common contract pitfalls
- Ways to broaden and strengthen your contract-writing capability
- How contracts should be put together and how contracts flow
- How to change and broaden a contract for different situations
- International concerns and clauses
- How to write and review a contract
You will earn 14 continuing education hours. Please bring copies of your contracts for reference during the program.
- Legal aspects of the supplier selection process; IFBs, RFPs, RFQs, POs and blanket agreements
- Contracts for goods: Inspection and acceptance; Security agreements; Special situations; Multiparty agreements
- Consulting agreements and other service contracts, including specifications and intellectual property rights and ownership
- Design and construction contracts; Pricing options and terms; Liability, indemnity and insurance; Mechanics' liens; Use of liquidated damages and other remedies to ensure performance; Dispute clauses
- Glossary of contract terms
- Dealing with salespeople; How to protect your organization from salespeople who do not deliver what they promise
- Technology and its effect on contracting; E-procurement and the contracting process
- Exercises in drafting and analyzing contracts
© Copyright ISM 2018