Using In A Guided Learning Format
If you aren’t versed in category management, you aren’t thinking big picture and are missing a chance to fully leverage procurement opportunities.
Category management is a strategic approach to sourcing that bundles and centralizes related goods into larger contracts, making them easier to administer while obtaining lower prices.
It goes a step beyond commodity management to provide a more comprehensive understanding of supply chain dynamics and their broader impact on the company. This leads to more holistic and sustainable supply and risk management strategies that are consistent with the long-range objectives of the organization.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Category market specific knowledge
- Category strategy
- Internal and external collaboration
- Establishment of categories
- Category team selection
- Sourcing process
- Project management
The Guided Learning Format
This Guided Learning is a self paced course consisting of online reading and 4 live webinars over a 5 week period.
The webinars are scheduled for:
01/09/19 from 3:00- 4:00 PM CT
01/16/19 from 3:00- 4:00 PM CT
01/30/19 from 3:00- 4:00 PM CT
02/05/19 from 3:00- 4:00 PM CT
Completion earns 20 CEH's.
- Learning Objectives:
- Create a category management plan to meet the organization’s key objectives
- Understand how to execute a category management plan
- Learn how to implement an effective category management governance structure
- Identify savings potential and opportunities and strategies for specific categories through spend analysis
- Identify opportunities and benefits for rationalizing the category supply base
- Understand how to develop, oversee and execute multichannel disposition plan for excess inventory and finished goods within a category
- Discover key facets of spend visibility
- Realize and discover key processes in change management
- Develop an understanding of cost structures and drivers
- Discover the impact of globalization on category management